Upcoming Commencement Information:
Date: December 18, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: University at Buffalo Center for the Arts Mainstage Theater, 103 Center For The Arts, Buffalo, NY 14260
For information on the Nursing Pinning Ceremony please contact the Nursing Department at 716-827-2452
Important Dates and Graduation Timeline
Deadlines: The Graduation Information Form and the Diploma Order Form must be completed by October 25, 2019.
November 1st: Deadline for Student Commencement Speaker Application
Week of December 2nd – Ticket & Information Pickup
- Monday December 2nd- Thursday December 5th
- 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Where: Choate Campus Student Life (141)
- Transit Road: If you wish to pick up your tickets at Transit Road, please mark accordingly on the Graduate Information Form.
November 25th – December 14th Caps & Gowns: Visit the Trocaire Bookstore to pick-up
- Transit Road: If you wish to pick up your Cap & Gown at Transit Road, please mark accordingly on the Graduate Information Form.
Tuesday, December 17th Graduation Rehearsal & Graduate Dinner (2:00pm Margaret Wendt Center)
- A half-hour rehearsal followed by a graduation meal in the Commons
- The dinner is proudly sponsored by the Commencement Committee
- All graduates are encouraged to attend
- Sorry, no guests (due to space).
Wednesday, December 18th Commencement 7:00 p.m.: (Mainstage Theater – UB Center of the Arts)
- Doors to the Mainstage Theater open at 6:00pm
- You must be in the Drama Theater (inside of the Center of the Arts) by 6:15 p.m.
- Please be on time, being late will affect your place in the lineup
- Parking is free but allot enough time to find the facility
- Commencement is approximately 90 minutes
Free parking is available in Slee and Baird lots in front of the Center for the Arts. Please refer to this map for information. #2 is the Center for the Arts. Please allot enough time to find a parking spot.
UB Center for the Arts
103 Center for the Arts
Buffalo, NY 14260-6000
- If you are not attending Commencement, it is very important that you notify the Student Life Office. Please contact us by October 25th (Choate room 143, 716-827-2433, or email@example.com).
- Each student is allotted 8 tickets for guests (graduate does not need a ticket).
- Tickets are determined by the size of the graduating class and the capacity of the Center for the Arts.
- Guests without tickets will not be allowed to enter the theater.
- Tickets are distributed the week of December 2nd.
- For children, if your child is under 4 years old or can fit comfortably on someone’s lap for the entire ceremony, they do not need a ticket.
- If you are not going to use all your tickets, please consider sharing with your fellow graduates or returning the extra ones to Choate room 141.
Extra Tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An email has been created to allow students to place themselves on a waiting list for up to two (2) extra tickets.
- Please email your name and if you would like one or two extra tickets.
- Extra tickets are generated by graduates not attending the ceremony.
- Extra tickets will be distributed on a first come first serve basis.
- Adding your name to the list does not guarantee extra tickets.
- Graduates are required to meet in the Drama Theater (at UB Center for the Arts) in Academic Attire.
- Academic attire: cap, gown, dress attire
Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa members that are in good standing at the time of graduation ( cumulative Grade point average of 3.1) will receive a PTK tassel and cords on the day of graduation. If you have questions, please contact PTK Advisor Colleen Steffen at email@example.com or 716-827-2493.
- Diplomas will be mailed February 1st. Please notify the Registrar’s Office of any address changes.
- Transcripts are obtained from the Registrar’s Office.
- An official transcript cannot be released if tuition and/or fees are not paid in full.
- 24-hour business day notice is required for all requests.
- Please check with the Career Services (716-827-2444) to make sure Reference File is completed. Files are kept for 6 years.
- Graduates are always welcome to utilize Career Services whether updating a resume or needing job search assistance.
- In June 2020, you will receive a brief employment and continuing education survey via email from Career Services. It is essential that you take a few minutes to complete the survey, as the information is needed for accreditation and program purposes. Reporting of information is in aggregate form only and confidential.
You will be inducted in the Trocaire College Alumni Association upon graduation. The association provides a point of contact, support, and connections with other alumni and the college. To speak with someone in the Alumni Office, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-827-4340.
There are THREE forms on this page. You MUST complete the three forms.
After hitting submit, proceed down the page to complete the next form.
Graduate Information Form – Due October 25, 2019
Diploma Order Form – Due October 25, 2019
This will ensure the information on diploma is correct.
If your order form is not in by October 25, 2019 we will assume you are not attending and your commencement tickets will be distributed to those students looking for extra tickets.
Graduation Rehearsal RSVP Form – Due October 25, 2019