Welcome to the official Commencement Information page at Trocaire College!
Here is where our graduates will find information regarding their participation and other important information leading up to commencement. Graduates will receive email communication updates as the semester begins.
The December 2021 Commencement Ceremony will be on Sunday, December 19, 2021 at 11:00 AM at the University at Buffalo Center for the Arts.
The University at Buffalo will require proof that patrons, visitors and guests ages 12 and older are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend public cultural events. This event will follow these guidelines. The UB policy takes effect on Oct. 1, when attendees must provide proof that they have had at least one dose of the vaccine to be allowed into events. A vaccination card, a photo of a vaccination card, an Excelsior Pass or a digital vaccine card are all acceptable. Attendees should be prepared to show photo ID as well. Masks also will be required at all times while attending events inside the venue. Anyone attending UB events must complete the Daily Health Check prior to arrival on campus or associated venue. By Oct. 30, those who want to attend events must provide proof they have completed their vaccination series. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Thank you for abiding by UB health and safety guidelines.
Students who are interested in applying to be the Student Graduation Speaker may apply by clicking on the image above to access the application or click here for the link. Eligible students for the student speaker must be in good standing with their program, share a 3-5 minute draft of their speech, and secure a current faculty/staff member at Trocaire College to share a letter of recommendation to supplement your application. The Student Graduation Speaker Application is due Sunday, October 31, 2021. The speaker will be notified and the graduating class will be notified of the speaker on Friday, November 5, 2021.
Commencement Regalia pick-up will begin the Week of November 15, 2021 at the Trocaire Achievement Complex, located on Transit Road in Williamsville. Only graduates who are attending the Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, December 19, 2021 will receive their Commencement regalia. Confirmation of pick-up times and dates will be sent to graduates on November 8, 2021.
Graduates who are attending the Commencement Ceremony must complete the form below no later than Sunday, November 7.
Tickets will be distributed to Student starting November 29, 2021 from the Student Life Office. Students who requested extra tickets through the Extra Ticket Request Form will be notified November 5 of their extra tickets.
Additional regalia will be distributed to graduates the day of the ceremony for Phi Theta Kappa members, Alum from Day One members, and Veteran/Military Students.
Continuing our “Celebrating Our Graduates” tradition, we encourage our graduates to share their words of thanks to those who have supported them during their journey to their degrees and certificates. We encourage our graduates to submit a brief thank you to the individual(s) who have impacted their time at Trocaire and their career path, along with submitting up to five (5) photos.
The Thank You Slideshow will be shared with graduates during the Celebrating Our Graduates week staring on December 13, 2021. There is a firm deadline for submissions to this slideshow of Friday, November 19 at 11:59 PM.
An email confirmation will be sent to students after they submit to this form. Questions may be directed to Lauren Reczek at [email protected].
Diplomas are mailed to our graduates, who do not have any outstanding holds, after the degree has been conferred.
Conferral dates are as follows:
- Fall (December): January 15
- Spring: June 1
- Summer (Module I): June 30
- Summer (Module 2): August 15
- Graduates who have a student hold receive their diploma after the hold(s) are removed.
- Please notify the Registrar’s Office if your address or name has changed since you completed the Graduation Participation Form.
Students who meet the following minimum criteria will receive graduation honors which are awarded on the basis
of the cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
- Certificate with merit: 3.40 – 4.0 CGPA
- Degree with distinction: 3.40 – 3.59 CGPA
- Degree with high distinction: 3.60 – 4.0 CGPA
- Degree with highest distinction: 4.0 CGPA
- Students may request an electronic copy of their transcript through the Electronic Transcript Request Form on the Registrar’s webpage. Paper transcripts are also available.
Transcripts are released when all student holds have been removed..
- A reminder from the Wellness Center: Please remember to download and save your health/immunization records on your personal device as you will need those for your future employment. You will NOT be able to access them after you graduate.
- Go to your E-Student to Document Tracking, click “Health Document IMG” to view and download your health records.
- Students who plan to continue in their studies must update their health records to CastleBranch based on their program’s requirements listed in their specific program’s policy manual.
Name or Address Change
- We encourage all graduates to keep their names and address up-to-date with the Registrar’s Office. If you had a name or address change recently, we encourage all expected and recent graduates to update their information through the Change in Name or Address digital form.
- Graduates are encouraged to keep their contact information current to stay connected!
- Need help with your job search or career opportunities, contact Career Services.
- Graduates are always welcome to utilize Career Services whether updating a resume or needing job search assistance.
- In February 2022, graduates will receive a brief employment and continuing education survey via email from Career Services. It is essential that you take a few minutes to complete the survey, as the information is needed for accreditation and program purposes. Reporting of information is in aggregate form only and confidential.
You will be inducted in the Trocaire College Alumni Association upon graduation. The association provides a point of contact, support, and connections with other alumni and the college. To speak with someone in the Alumni Office, contact [email protected] or Monica Stage at 716-827-4342.