Welcome to the official Commencement Information page at Trocaire College!
Here is where our graduates will find information regarding their participation and other important information leading up to commencement. Graduates will receive weekly email communication updates as the semester begins.
The December 2022 Commencement Ceremony will be held on Monday, December 19, 2022 with a ceremony start time of 6:00 PM EST. Location is forthcoming.
All expected graduates for Fall 2022 are required to complete the Graduation Application by Monday, October 10, 2022. No late forms will be accepted.
Expected graduates who wish to apply to become the Commencement Student Speaker must be in good standing with their program and the College. Good standing refers to good academic, financial, and conduct standings. The deadline for Commencement Student Speaker applications is Friday, October 14, 2022.
All expected graduates are required to complete the Graduation Application, located on the Commencement Information website to confirm their degree/certificate completion in December 2022. Students who complete the form will receive an email confirmation to both their Trocaire and personal emails.
The deadline to complete the Graduation Application is Monday, October 10, 2022. No late applications will be accepted.
Thank You Slideshow - Deadline: November 4
Your educational and professional journey would not be complete without those who support you. Take a moment to participate in the Graduation Tradition of the “Thank You Slideshow” to share your words of thanks to family, friends, loved ones, classmates, and others who have supported you.
How to Submit to the Thank You Slideshow:
- Complete the Form Below
- Share your thank you message
- Share up to five (5) individual images. No photo collages will be accepted.
- Students, upon successful completion of this form, will receive a confirmation email to their Trocaire and personal email.
When will we see the Slideshow?
Students will be sent a link to the Thank You Slideshow on Monday, December 12 at 4:00 PM via private YouTube link. This link will be shared to all graduates to their Trocaire emails.
The deadline to submit is Friday, November 4, 2022. No late submissions will be accepted.
Diplomas are mailed to our graduates, who do not have any outstanding holds, after the degree has been conferred.
Conferral dates are as follows:
- Fall (December): January 15
- Spring: June 1
- Summer (Module I): June 30
- Summer (Module 2): August 15
Graduates who have a student hold receive their diploma after the hold(s) are removed.
Please notify the Registrar’s Office if your address or name has changed since you completed the Graduation Application.
Students who meet the following minimum criteria will receive graduation honors which are awarded on the basis of the final cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
- Certificate with merit: 3.40 – 4.0 CGPA
- Degree with distinction: 3.40 – 3.59 CGPA
- Degree with high distinction: 3.60 – 4.0 CGPA
- Degree with highest distinction: 4.0 CGPA
Please note that the Commencement Program is produced prior to the release of final grades. Students will have their cumulative grade point average, based on their midterm grades, factored into their honor recognition at Commencement.
Students with Honors will be announced at Commencement. For example: Jane Smith, with High Distinction.
Commencement Recognition & Cords
Students who are part of the following groups are recognized at Commencement:
- Graduation Honors, announced, no cords
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, must be members of the Alpha Pi Eta chapter at Trocaire
- Alum From Day One, cords
- Veteran and Active Military, cords
- Lambda Nu, cords
Students will be notified of their cords prior to Commencement. Cords will be available the day of the Commencement Ceremony, where they will be able to pick them up before line up.
Students may request an electronic copy of their transcript through the Electronic Transcript Request Form on the Registrar’s webpage. Paper transcripts are also available.
Students who are official members of Phi Theta Kappa at Trocaire College, will have their membership included on their academic transcript.
Name or Address Change
We encourage all graduates to keep their names and address up-to-date with the Registrar’s Office. If you had a name or address change recently, we encourage all expected and recent graduates to update their information on your eStudent Portal.
Diplomas will be mailed after conferral to the address on file with the college.
Graduates are encouraged to keep their contact information current to stay connected!
Need help with your job search or career opportunities, contact Career Services.
Graduates are always welcome to utilize Career Services whether updating a resume or needing job search assistance.
Months following graduation, graduates will receive a brief employment and continuing education survey via email from Career Services. It is essential that you take a few minutes to complete the survey, as the information is needed for accreditation and program purposes. Reporting of information is in aggregate form only and confidential.
Alum from Day One
Join the Division of Institutional Advancement for a powerful and unique opportunity:
A program for current Trocaire College students to access growth and recognition opportunities while establishing an early connection to the college as future alumni.
Why should I participate?
You will gain:
- A dedicated leadership experience for your resume
- A reference letter from the Advancement Office
- Complimentary Trocaire swag item
- An invitation to a networking event with Alumni Council and campus leaders
- A cord for commencement signifying your participation
- Special honors noted in the commencement program
What do I have to do?
- Participate in Trocaire’s “Thank a Giver” (TAG) Day. Help thank our donors for their generosity and showcase the impact of philanthropy on the Trocaire College campus.
- Make a donation of $5 or more to the Share Trocaire Fund
- Tell us how Trocaire is making an impact in your life through the “My Story” form
- Participate in Welcome Week, Mercy Heritage Week, Stress Less Week, and other Student Activities
- Volunteer 2 hours of time in the Advancement Office
Students who are interested in joining must join no later than Friday, October 14, 2022 to secure their cords for Commencement.
Use the following link to sign up and get started: trocaire.edu/alumni-and-friends/alumni-engagement/alum-from-day-one/