Upcoming Commencement Information:
Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: University at Buffalo Center for the Arts Mainstage Theater, 103 Center For The Arts, Buffalo, NY 14260
Nursing Pinning Ceremony information will be forthcoming.
Important Dates and Graduation Timeline
Deadlines: The Graduation Information Form and the Diploma Order Form must be completed by March 21, 2020.
April 1st: Deadline for Student Commencement Speaker Application
April 28th – May 8th – Ticket & Information Pickup
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Choate Campus Student Life Office (141)
- 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. at Choate Campus Student Life Office (141)
- Transit Road: Students who indicated ticket pickup at Transit, please pick your tickets up at Transit.
April 28th – May 8th Caps & Gowns: Visit the Trocaire Bookstore to pick-up
- Transit Road: If you wish to pick up your Cap & Gown at Transit Road, please mark accordingly on the Graduate Information Form.
Tuesday, May 12th Graduation Rehearsal & Graduate Dinner 3:00 p.m. ( Trocaire College – Margaret Wendt Center)
- A half-hour rehearsal followed by a graduation meal in the Commons
- The dinner is proudly sponsored by the Commencement Committee
- All graduates are encouraged to attend
- Sorry, no guests (due to space).
Wednesday, May 13th Commencement 7:00 p.m.: (Mainstage Theater – UB Center of the Arts)
- Doors to the Mainstage Theater open at 6:00pm
- You must be in the Drama Theater (inside of the Center of the Arts) by 6:00 p.m.
- Please be on time, being late will affect your place in the lineup
- Parking is free but allot enough time to find the facility
- Commencement is approximately 90 minutes
Free parking is available in Slee and Baird lots in front of the Center for the Arts. Please refer to this map for information. #2 is the Center for the Arts. Please allot enough time to find a parking spot.
UB Center for the Arts
103 Center for the Arts
Buffalo, NY 14260-6000
- If you are not attending Commencement, it is very important that you notify the Student Life Office. Please contact us by March 25th (Choate room 143, 716-827-2487, or ReczekL@trocaire.edu).
- Each student is allotted five (5) tickets for guests (graduate does not need a ticket).
- Tickets are determined by the size of the graduating class and the capacity of the Center for the Arts.
- Guests without tickets will not be allowed to enter the theater.
- Tickets are distributed starting April 28th.
- For children, if your child is under 4 years old or can fit comfortably on someone’s lap for the entire ceremony, they do not need a ticket.
- If you are not going to use all your tickets, please consider sharing with your fellow graduates or returning the extra ones to Choate room 141.
Extra Tickets: email@example.com
- An email has been created to allow students to place themselves on a waiting list for up to two (2) extra tickets.
- Please email your name and if you would like one or two extra tickets.
- Extra tickets are generated by graduates not attending the ceremony.
- Extra tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Adding your name to the list does not guarantee extra tickets.
- The last day to request extra tickets is Friday, May 8.
- Graduates are required to meet in the Drama Theater (at UB Center for the Arts) in Academic Attire.
- Academic attire: cap, gown, dress attire
Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa members that are in good standing at the time of graduation (cumulative Grade point average of 3.1) will receive a PTK tassel and cords on the day of graduation. You must be a member of the Trocaire College’s Alpha Pi Eta chapter of Phi Theta Kappa to receive the tassel and cords. If you are coming from another institution, please visit the Phi Theta Kappa website to log in with your member information to update your chapter. Eligibility to transfer your membership is based on the cumulative GPA requirement of 3.1. The invitational requirement for cumulative GPA is 3.5. If you have questions, please contact PTK Advisor Colleen Steffen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-827-2493.
- Diplomas will be ready for pick up starting Monday, June 8, 2020 through Monday, June 15, 2020. We encourage graduates to come back and pick up their diplomas on campus. Please notify the Registrar’s Office if you are unable to come to Trocaire College to pick up your diploma. Your diploma will be mailed to the address on file.
- Transcripts are obtained from the Registrar’s Office.
- An official transcript cannot be released if tuition and/or fees are not paid in full.
- 24-hour business day notice is required for all requests.
- Need help with your job search or career opportunities, contact Career Services.
- Graduates are always welcome to utilize Career Services whether updating a resume or needing job search assistance.
- In June 2020, you will receive a brief employment and continuing education survey via email from Career Services. It is essential that you take a few minutes to complete the survey, as the information is needed for accreditation and program purposes. Reporting of information is in aggregate form only and confidential.
You will be inducted in the Trocaire College Alumni Association upon graduation. The association provides a point of contact, support, and connections with other alumni and the college. To speak with someone in the Alumni Office, contact email@example.com or Monica Stage at 716-827-4342.
Below are THREE forms:
Graduate Information Form, Diploma Order Form, Graduation Rehearsal & Dinner RSVP Form
You must complete all three forms by Saturday, March 21, 2020. You will receive an email confirmation after submitting each form.
Graduation Information Form
Please complete the Graduate Information Form below by March 21, 2020.
Diploma Order Form
Please complete the Diploma Order Form by March 21, 2020.
Ensure the information you submit is how you would like it to appear on your Trocaire College Diploma.
Diplomas will be ready for pick up upon successful completion of your semester on Monday, June 8, 2020 from the Registrar’s Office.
Graduation Rehearsal & Dinner RSVP Form
Complete the Graduation Rehearsal & Dinner RSVP form by March 21, 2020.
The Graduation Rehearsal is on Tuesday, May 12 at 3:00 p.m.) and lasts 30-minutes. The rehearsal will provide you information regarding the graduation ceremony such as parking directions, arrival, the general ceremony, and other helpful information.
The Graduate Dinner will follow the Rehearsal at 3:30 p.m. in the Commons. To-go boxes will be available for students.
Please note that due to space, no guests are allowed.