In response to an increased emphasis on virtual learning technology during the COVID-19 crisis, Trocaire College will be able to provide a limited number of laptops to students on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional funding has been provided to assist students with securing a home internet connection.
All current students are eligible to apply should they experience a technology need that creates a significant barrier to achieving their academic goals. Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the Palisano Learning Center staff, and if approved, appropriate technology and/or internet service payments are dispersed. Please note that checks are typically not written to students themselves, but rather directly to the service providers seeking payment. Consequently, students applying for internet access are asked to provide or be able to obtain any relevant paperwork (invoices, payment slips, etc.) upon request.
- The student applies online (see form below)
- Palisano Learning Center staff will conduct an initial review, which may include a conversation (in person and/or by phone) with applicant.
- Student will be notified of the committee’s decision 3-5 days from receipt of application
- Arrangements will be made for any equipment pick up if approved.
- Laptop loans and internet service payments are for up to one semester in duration.
Verjaun Gordon, Director of Palisano Learning Center & Trocaire Opportunity Program
Jonathan Hudack, Associate Director of Palisano Learning Center