Mission and Purpose
The Wellness Committee was developed in February of 2009. The committee was put in place by a group of various staff and faculty with an interest in the Health and Wellness of our campus community. The Wellness Committee was developed “to create a supportive environment that promotes choosing wellness and taking personal responsibility for health.”
- Our goals are to bring awareness, information, and opportunities pertaining to wellness and leading a healthy lifestyle to the entire Trocaire community
- Foster a culture that is supportive of one another and promotes healthy lifestyle choices
- Build and strengthen relationships between the college and community by joining community wellness initiatives
- Cultivate wellness programs that support the College’s mission and strategic plan
Wellness Committee Events: 2017-2018
- 9/11/- 10/23: Who’s In It To Win It?- Trocaire Employee’s vs. Students Activity Challenge
Sign up for free using the WalkingWorks app
Register at: http://www.walkingworks.com
Join the New York, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Western Plan Team: Trocaire College
- 11/1-12/12: Healthy Habits for the Holidays
- 1/22-3/19: Start Your Semester Out Right– 8 Week Stress Reduction Program
- 3/26-4/27: Focus on Nutrition
Eating Well Resources
Local Health and Wellness Events
Wellness Resources and Discounts
Attention Blue Cross/Blue Shield Members: Do you want to discover a wealth of health information at your fingertips? Blue Cross Blue Shield of WNY is offering you an amazing smorgasbord on health and wellness related issues free.
Go to www.bcbswny.com
First, you will see a copy of an insurance card with blanks where information must be filled in. Simply copy the information from your BCBS Insurance card into the appropriate blanks. On the next page, you will be asked to create an ID and Password for yourself as well as to fill in some personal information and your e-mail address. Then you are in!
If you click on the HEALTH and WELLNESS tab, you will move to a section labeled “Wellness Seminars.” Here you will find a significant list of health problems, and clicking on one of those brings you to potential solutions or locations for solutions for the problem. The entire process will take you approximately five minutes, but the information you find could prove to be life-enhancing.