Main Campus, Room 129
Phone: (716) 827-2543
Email: [email protected]
The Interpersonal Violence Intervention Program (iVIP) mission is to foster a greater college community that is both aware of, and equipped to respond to Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Stalking, and Sexual Assault. iVIP provides continued education on prevention programming at Trocaire, and in the surrounding community!
The Trocaire College Coordinated Community Response Team (CCRT) is comprised of students, faculty, staff, and community partners. The individuals on the CCRT all bring a diverse set of skills to Trocaire, in order to ensure that the program is inclusive, and equally represents all of the Trocaire Community.
To Join the CCRT please contact the iVIP office.
Interpersonal violence can happen to anyone regardless of their age, race, gender, religious affiliation or socioeconomic status. The good news is that we can all work together to put an end to interpersonal violence at Trocaire College and in our community. All students are required to complete the Interpersonal Violence Intervention (iVIP) course found on Moodle. Students who do not complete the course will have a hold placed on their student account that will restrict them from being able to register for courses the subsequent semester.
iVIP Title IX Wellness Center
Jennifer Elliott Tracy Rozewicz Genevieve Kruly
716-827-2543 716-827-2461 716-827-2412
Main Campus, Room 129 Main Campus, Room 321 Main Campus, Room 118
Confidential Resources Within the Community
- Crisis Services: Crisis Services provides confidential responses and support for survivors of rape, sexual assault, domestic violence, family violence and elder abuse – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Visit the Crisis Services web page.
- New York State Coalition Against Sexual Assault: Please visit the New York State Coalition Against Sexual Assault web page to learn more about this community-based rape crisis programs delivering sexual assault crisis intervention and prevention services.
- Haven House: http://www.cfsbny.org/programs/haven-house/ – Haven House works to prevent domestic and intimate partner violence and promote peace in the home. Services include an emergency shelter in a confidential location, long-term transitional housing, and counseling to help individuals cope with the pain and trauma of violence in the home.
- Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence: http://www.opdv.ny.gov/help/index.html – Provides education and resources to the public about the nature and impact of Domestic Violence in New York State.
- Legal Momentum: https://www.legalmomentum.org – The nation’s first and oldest legal defense and education fund for women focused on ensuring economic and personal security by advancing equity in education, the workplace, and the courts, to provide an expert legal voice to seek justice for women.
- Family Justice Center– https://www.fjcsafe.org/ Provides free services for Domestic Violence victims and their children through an extensive collaboration with several partner agencies, all located at one secured, comfortable location, where victims can get all the services they need to safely escape abuse.
- Pandora’s Project: http://www.pandys.org/lgbtsurvivors.html An organization dedicated to providing information, support, and resources to survivors of rape and sexual abuse and their friends and family.
- Pride Center of WNY– http://www.pridecenterwny.org/ – Buffalo-based organization specializing in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) health including providing supportive services and resources to those who have experienced domestic and family violence.
- RAINN: https://www.rainn.org/get-help RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN carries out programs to prevent sexual violence, help survivors, and ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice.
iVIP programming is held throughout the year on various topics related to Interpersonal Violence.