Security Phone Numbers
On-Campus Phone – Dial 2500 or Dial HELP (4357)
Security Mobile Phone – Dial 716.445.2104
2262 Seneca Street Location
On-Campus Phone – Dial 4327
Security Mobile Phone – Dial 716.346.7095
Transit Road Extension Center
On-Campus Phone – Dial 4300
Security Mobile Phone – Dial 716.346.7095
Trocaire Security Overview
Security is located in the front entrances of all three locations. A guard is working whenever the college is open at each location. Officers aid in enforcement of federal, state, and local statutes, as well as Trocaire College regulations. Security guards are contracted through an outside agency and managed by the Director of Facilities & Security.
All security guards must meet the training requirements of the State of New York Security Guard Act. The college employs an out-sourced security service whose primary objective is to encourage a safe and healthy experience that enhances the campus learning experience and compliments the college’s mission.
Security advocates, law enforcement, security, and emergency response at Trocaire College. Security provides support services tailored to meet the needs of the Trocaire College community. Some of the services are:
- Development and distribution of ID Cards
- Test and maintain all fire-prevention equipment and alarms
- Inspect buildings for safety compliance
- Maintain a lost and found department
A number of emergency telephones are located throughout the main building. These telephone boxes are easily identified by signage, which is mounted directly above the box. They can be used to report a criminal incident, fire, or any other type of emergency.
Trocaire security maintains a close working relationship with the Buffalo Police Department (BPD) and the Town of Lancaster Police Department (LPD). Meetings are held between the leaders of these agencies on both a formal and informal basis. The Director of Facilities & Security, the BPD and the LPD communicate regularly on the scene of incidents that occur in and around the College’s three locations.
The Director of Facilities & Security work closely with the BPD and the LPD when incidents arise that require joint investigative efforts, resources, crime related reports and exchanges of information, as deemed necessary. There is a written memorandum of understanding between Trocaire, the LPD but not with the BPD. Trocaire College does not have any officially recognized student organizations with off-campus locations that the BPD or the LPD monitors or reports. We encourage all students and employees to report crimes to the local authorities and then notify campus security.
Reporting a Crime
Trocaire policy encourages every member of the Trocaire community to report a crime promptly to Security if the victim wants to or is unable to report. For emergencies, please call 911 and then notify Security or front entrance employee of the situation.
Security and the Director of Facilities & Security investigates all reports and notifies appropriate college personnel and, if necessary, the BPD or LPD. Emergency buttons are also available at Choate location that either connects directly to a monitoring station or the front desk. We encourage all crime reporting to be done in a timely manner.
In addition to security you may report a crime to the following areas:
- Director of Facilities & Security Choate Room 330, 716.827.2564
- Chief Student Affairs Officer Choate Room B15, 716.827.2481
- Associate Vice President of Finance, Choate Room 333 716.827.2456
Emergency Notification System (ENS)
In an effort to consistently improve emergency response procedures, Trocaire College has implemented a campus Emergency Notification System which allows the Communications Office to send time-sensitive emergency notifications via voice mail, e-mail and text messaging. The Connect-ED Campus Alert system allows the College to reach the Trocaire community with information during unforeseen events or emergencies. School closings due to inclement weather will also activate the notification system. Connect-ED handles your information with the strictest confidence – it will not be used for any other purpose.
The emergency notification system database contains the contact information you have provided to the college. We encourage you to keep your contact information up-to-date by utilizing the following instructions:
- Decide which phone number(s) and/or e-mails you want to use.
- Go to https://Trocaire.bbcportal.com/
- Log In:
- If you already have an account, sign in using your Trocaire email address and your password you created when you signed up originally.
- If you do not remember your password, use the “forgot password” option.
- Sign Up:
- If you have never signed up click the Sign Me Up! Button
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, Trocaire Email address, and create a password
- Check the box to agree with the User Agreement after reviewing
- Click continue
- You will then be prompted for your ID number. This is the portion of your Student ID after all of the leading zeros.) You can find this on your schedule or ID Card.
- You can now set your contact preferences
PLEASE NOTE: if you make a phone number or address change in the emergency notification system, also contact the following office so that the Trocaire database will be updated as well:
Students – fill out a change form in the Registrar’s Office, Room B14 (main campus)
Faculty/Staff – contact the Academic Affairs Office, at 716.827.2471
In the ENS, you have the opportunity to include up to six phone numbers, two email addresses, and a text message number as notification contacts. If you experience any technical difficulties, kindly contact the college’s help desk.
Safety and Emergency Resources
The safety of the entire Trocaire community is one of our primary concerns, and maintaining a safe campus requires cooperation from everyone. In this section, use these resources to learn about the ways Trocaire College makes your safety and security our priority:
- Trocaire College Annual Security Report
- Emergency Management Plan -revised Fall 2015
- Emergency Notification System (ENS) Written Instructions (PDF)
- Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Drug & Alcohol Information and Preventative Report
- Student Accident Insurance Information
- Student Accident Claim Form
Trocaire College is dedicated in creating and maintaining a working and learning environment which is free of discrimination and intimidation. All complaints of discrimination and harassment will be thoroughly investigated to determine whether the totality of the alleged behavior and circumstances may constitute harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination, sexual assault or sexual violence or a form of misconduct.
For more information, go to the related webpage or contact:
Civil Rights Compliance Officer/ Title IX Officer
Main Campus Room: 321