TRiO @ TROCAIRE
The TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) program is a federally funded grant program designed to support eligible SSS students in their journey towards completing their degree at Trocaire College.
We want our students to work with us to build self-efficacy, academic and career-oriented goals, and a vision of how they can serve the universal community.
The TRiO program is new to Trocaire and our team is dedicated in providing our students with the academic, social, and career-based tools that will help them achieve their goals, in and outside of the classroom.
- Academic Coaching & Tutoring
- One-on-One & Group Advising
- Financial Literacy Workshops
- Career Planning
- Life Skills Workshops
- Assistance in applying for financial aid, including CARES Act funding
- For more information please visit: Tuition & Financial
We serve students who meet the following criteria to participate in the TRiO Student Support Services Program. Applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled or accepted at Trocaire College;
- Be a U.S. citizen or a National of the United States or meet the requirements for federal student financial assistance;
- Demonstrate academic need;
- Meet the financial guidelines
- Not have earned a four-year degree
In addition, those who satisfy the above conditions must also have at least ONE of the following apply to you:
- You are a first-generation college student (neither parent nor guardian has a four-year college degree);
- You are in financial need (low-income” according to federal guidelines); and/or
- You have a documented disability
TRiO APPLICATION PROCESS:
Step One: Submit a completed online TRiO application. You will need to complete all sections of the application including the demographic and eligibility information, student assessment, and short essay. Our office will contact you with any additional verification forms we may need.
Step Two: Attend an interview. A TRiO team member will contact you to schedule an interview with our staff (via phone or video conference).
Step Three: Provide us with proof of family income.
Step Four: Once accepted into the program, you must attend an Orientation to the TRiO program.
Please note, that as a federally funded TRiO Program, services are contingent upon funding from the United States Department of Education.
Jenny Nickeson, Ph.D.
Director of the TRiO SSS Program
TRiO SSS Program Academic Advisor
Administrative Assistant for TRiO SSS Program
Dawn Colton, M.S.
TRiO SSS Program Academic Coach