Mission of the Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate consists of twelve full time faculty members who have been elected by the Faculty of Trocaire College. Our mission is to promote the general welfare of the faculty. We work with administration to resolve faculty concerns related to academic issues. For more information on the role of Faculty Senate click on Faculty Senate Administrative Policy#142
- Participates in the decision-making process in regards to academic policies and procedures
- Represents faculty interests and viewpoints at College meetings
- Identifies and responds to faculty/academic concerns
- Promotes communication among faculty, administration and staff
The Faculty Senate Constitution
A revised Faculty Senate Constitution was voted on and approved by its members at the May 2019 Senate meeting. Please click on Constitution Spring2019__Final for full information on the operating policies and procedures of the Senate.
Faculty Senators for the 2019-2020 academic year:
Jennifer Blickwedehl, President
Daniel Nickolai, 1st Vice President
Amy Zielinski, 2nd Vice President
Stephanie Becker, Communications Secretary
Amy Breski, Treasurer
Please contact any Faculty Senator or email@example.com with any concerns or to get involved!
Fall 2019 Meeting Schedule*
*All meetings will be held on the Choate Campus in room 411. Please join us, meetings are open to Trocaire College Faculty and Staff. Email Facultysenate@trocaire.edu if you’d like a zoom invitation to participate from off campus.
Spring 2019 Faculty Initiative Grant Recipients
The Faculty Senate would like to congratulate the following faculty members on submitting and receiving grant awards for the spring 2019 semester. Each application was blinded and reviewed by the Faculty Senate Innovative grant committee; awards were granted based on the achievable goals of each project.
- Utilizing refutation work and student’s personal experience to help achieve critical thinking and learning outcomes (PSY101)
- Evaluation of Socrative Technology, an Interactive Response System to Enhance Student Collaborative Learning (NU114)
- Enhancing Student Engagement and Success by Providing a Clinical Connection (BIO130)
- Using Genograms to Understand an Individual’s Life Course Through the Integration of Family, Occupation, and Lifestyle According to the Psychosocial Theory of Development (PSY02-OL1)
- Bridging the Gap from Fundamentals to Application (BIO131)
- Building Integrated Academic Coaching to Support Student Success (HM103)
- Notice and Wonder for Critical Thinking (BIO131)
The Faculty Handbook
The Faculty Handbook is intended to help full time and part time faculty as educators at Trocaire College, including all the policies and procedures, and access to forms and other pertinent information. The Faculty Handbook is intended to help full time and part time faculty as educators at Trocaire College, including all the policies and procedures, and access to forms and other pertinent information. Faculty Handbook FALL 2018
Any Faculty/Department/Office wishing to submit an update to the Faculty Handbook may do so by completing the following form: