Fall 2018 Meeting Schedule*
*All meetings will be held on the Choate Campus in room 411. Please join us, meeting are open to Trocaire College Faculty and Staff.
Mission of the Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate consists of twelve full time faculty members who have been elected by the Faculty of Trocaire College. Our mission is to promote the general welfare of the faculty. We work with administration to resolve faculty concerns related to academic issues. For more information on the role of Faculty Senate click on Faculty Senate Administrative Policy#142
- Participates in the decision-making process in regards to academic policies and procedures
- Represents faculty interests and viewpoints at College meetings
- Identifies and responds to faculty/academic concerns
- Promotes communication among faculty, administration and staff
Please contact any Faculty Senator or firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns or to get involved!
Faculty Senators for the 2018-2019 academic year:
Jennifer Blickwedehl, President
Daniel Nickolai, Vice President
Solomon Nelson, Secretary
Amy Breski, Treasurer
The Faculty Handbook
The Faculty Handbook is intended to help full time and part time faculty as educators at Trocaire College, including all the policies and procedures, and access to forms and other pertinent information. The Faculty Handbook is intended to help full time and part time faculty as educators at Trocaire College, including all the policies and procedures, and access to forms and other pertinent information. Faculty Handbook FALL 2017
Any Faculty/Department/Office wishing to submit an update to the Faculty Handbook may do so by completing the following form:
The Faculty Senate would like to congratulate the following faculty members on submitting and receiving grant awards for the spring 2018 semester. Each application was blinded and reviewed by the Faculty Senate Innovative grant committee; awards were granted based on the achievable goals of each project.
Amy Przepasniak-Breski, Ph.D.
– Integrating Problem-Based Learning & Scaffolding Assignments (PSY101)
Mohamed Ghazy, Ph.D.
-Implementation of Active Problem-Solving Approach (BIO223)
Dr. Ghazy has chosen to defer his grant (if funds allow) to Fall2018 due to course scheduling changes.
Susan Horrocks, Ph. D.
– Implementation of New Research Techniques and Designs (PSY320)
Caryn Hufford, MS, RD, CDN
– Using online recording for clinical experiences: implementation of ePortfolio software (DT206)
Bruce Maki, Ph.D.
– Improving the flipped Laboratory to Enhance Outcomes (BIO130L)
Patricia Nirelli MSN, RN
-Use of Collaborative Learning (NU122)
Anne Piorkowski, BA
–Implementation of Open Educational Resources (HM103)
Kelly Wallace, Ph.D.
– Implementation of ePortfolio software (BIO130)