Mission of the Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate consists of twelve full time faculty members who have been elected by the Faculty of Trocaire College. Our mission is to promote the general welfare of the faculty. We work with administration to resolve faculty concerns related to academic issues. For more information on the role of Faculty Senate click on Faculty Senate Administrative Policy#142
- Participates in the decision-making process in regards to academic policies and procedures
- Represents faculty interests and viewpoints at College meetings
- Identifies and responds to faculty/academic concerns
- Promotes communication among faculty, administration and staff
Fall 2020 Meeting Schedule
Please join us, meetings are open to Trocaire College Faculty and Staff. Email [email protected] if you’d like a zoom invitation to participate from off campus.
Faculty Senators for the 2019-2020 academic year:
Daniel Nickolai, President
Amy Zielinski, 1st Vice President
Mitch Tucker, 2nd Vice President
Kelly Wallace, Communications Secretary
Amy Breski, Treasurer
The Faculty Senate Constitution
The Faculty Senate Constitution was voted on and approved by its members at the May 2019 Senate meeting. Please click on Constitution Spring2019__Final for full information on the operating policies and procedures of the Senate. The Faculty Senate Constitution is currently being revised (Spring 2021).
Spring 2020 Faculty Initiative Grant Recipients
The Faculty Senate would like to congratulate the following faculty members on submitting and receiving grant awards for the fall 2020 semester. Each application was blinded and reviewed by the Faculty Senate Innovative grant committee; awards were granted based on the achievable goals of each project.
Martha Bronstein, M.S.,RN
- Enrichment Project for Third Semester Nursing
Kelly Wallace, Ph.D, M.S.
- Does review immediately before testing increase student performance?
Joanna Hillman. Ph.D
- Improving student success by helping students find a study plan that works for them.
Susan Horrocks, Ph.D.
- The 5 Steps of Scientific Research: Finding, Identifying, and Understanding Research in General Psychology
The Faculty Handbook
The Faculty Handbook is intended to help full time and part time faculty as educators at Trocaire College, including all the policies and procedures, and access to forms and other pertinent information. The Faculty Handbook is intended to help full time and part time faculty as educators at Trocaire College, including all the policies and procedures, and access to forms and other pertinent information. Faculty Handbook SPRING 2021The faculty handbook is currently being revised and moving to a webpage based format.
Any Faculty/Department/Office wishing to submit an update to the Faculty Handbook may do so by completing the following form: