Spring 2019 Meeting Schedule*
Feb 8th 2-4pm
Mar 8th 2-4pm
Apr 12th 2-4pm
May 10th 2-4pm
*All meetings will be held on the Choate Campus in room 411. Please join us, meetings are open to Trocaire College Faculty and Staff. Email Facultysenate@trocaire.edu if you’d like a zoom invitation to participate from off campus.
Spring 2019 Faculty Initiative Grant Recipients
The Faculty Senate would like to congratulate the following faculty members on submitting and receiving grant awards for the spring 2019 semester. Each application was blinded and reviewed by the Faculty Senate Innovative grant committee; awards were granted based on the achievable goals of each project.
Amy Przepasniak-Breski, Ph.D.
– Utilizing refutation work and student’s personal experience to help achieve critical thinking and learning outcomes (PSY101)
Dr. Teresa Edgerton DNP, FNP-BC
-Evaluation of Socrative an Interactive Response System to Enhance Student Collaborative Learning (NU114)
Susan Horrocks, Ph. D.
– Using Genograms to Understand an Individual’s Life Course Through the Integration of Family, Occupation, and Lifestyle According to the Psychosocial Theory of Development (PSY02-OL1)
Bruce Maki, Ph.D.
– Bridging the Gap from Fundamentals to Application (BIO131)
Anne Piorkowski, BA
–Building Integrated Academic Coaching to Support Student Success (HM103)
Amy Zielinski, Ph.D.
– Notice and Wonder for Critical Thinking (BIO131)
Mission of the Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate consists of twelve full time faculty members who have been elected by the Faculty of Trocaire College. Our mission is to promote the general welfare of the faculty. We work with administration to resolve faculty concerns related to academic issues. For more information on the role of Faculty Senate click on Faculty Senate Administrative Policy#142
- Participates in the decision-making process in regards to academic policies and procedures
- Represents faculty interests and viewpoints at College meetings
- Identifies and responds to faculty/academic concerns
- Promotes communication among faculty, administration and staff
Please contact any Faculty Senator or firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns or to get involved!
Faculty Senators for the 2018-2019 academic year:
Jennifer Blickwedehl, President
Daniel Nickolai, Vice President
Solomon Nelson, Secretary
Amy Breski, Treasurer
The Faculty Handbook
The Faculty Handbook is intended to help full time and part time faculty as educators at Trocaire College, including all the policies and procedures, and access to forms and other pertinent information. The Faculty Handbook is intended to help full time and part time faculty as educators at Trocaire College, including all the policies and procedures, and access to forms and other pertinent information. Faculty Handbook FALL 2018
Any Faculty/Department/Office wishing to submit an update to the Faculty Handbook may do so by completing the following form: