Faculty Initiative Grant Recipients
The Faculty Senate would like to congratulate the following faculty members on submitting and receiving grant awards for the spring 2018 semester. Each application was blinded and reviewed by the Faculty Senate Innovative grant committee; awards were granted based on the achievable goals of each project.
Amy Przepasniak-Breski, Ph.D.
– Integrating Problem-Based Learning & Scaffolding Assignments (PSY101)
Mohamed Ghazy, Ph.D.
-Implementation of Active Problem-Solving Approach (BIO223)
Dr. Ghazy has chosen to defer his grant (if funds allow) to Fall2018 due to course scheduling changes.
Susan Horrocks, Ph. D.
– Implementation of New Research Techniques and Designs (PSY320)
– Using online recording for clinical experiences: implementation of ePortfolio software (DT206)
Bruce Maki, Ph.D.
– Improving the flipped Laboratory to Enhance Outcomes (BIO130L)
Patricia Nirelli MSN, RN
-Use of Collaborative Learning (NU122)
Anne Piorkowski, BA
–Implementation of Open Educational Resources (HM103)
Kelly Wallace, Ph.D.
– Implementation of ePortfolio software (BIO130)
It will certainly be an exciting semester with this many new classroom initiatives taking place!
Be on the lookout for announcements of each grant recipient presentation, where grantees will share the data and lessons learned from their projects.
Spring 2018 Meeting Schedule*
Friday 2/2 @ 12:00pm
Wednesday 2/21 @2:30pm
Wednesday 3/14 @2:30pm
Wednesday 4/18 @2:30pm
*All meetings will be held on the Choate Campus in room 460. Please join us, meeting are open to the Trocaire College Community.
Mission of the Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate consists of twelve full time faculty members who have been elected by the Faculty of Trocaire College. Our mission is to promote the general welfare of the faculty. We work with administration to resolve faculty concerns related to academic issues.
- Participates in the decision-making process in regards to academic policies and procedures
- Represents faculty interests and viewpoints at College meetings
- Identifies and responds to faculty/academic concerns
- Promotes communication among faculty, administration and staff
Please contact any Faculty Senator or firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns or to get involved!
Faculty Senators for the 2017-2018 academic year:
Jennifer Blickwedehl, President
Kjerstin Owens, Vice President
Rachel McCormick, Secretary
Susan Horrocks, Treasurer
The Faculty Handbook
The Faculty Handbook is intended to help full time and part time faculty as educators at Trocaire College, including all the policies and procedures, and access to forms and other pertinent information. The Faculty Handbook is intended to help full time and part time faculty as educators at Trocaire College, including all the policies and procedures, and access to forms and other pertinent information. Faculty Handbook FALL 2017