What are the Award Categories?
The Staff Awards for the 2022-2023 Academic Year are the Staff Excellence and Mercy Values Awards.
Staff Excellence Award
The Staff Excellence Award will be given annually to a staff member that had made a significant impact on the college through their outstanding dedication, competence, performance, service, and ingenuity through one or more of the following:
· Making significant improvements in student service or enhancing student satisfaction
· Making significant improvements in a work process or system or significantly increasing the efficiency of an operation or unit
· Demonstrating performance at a level far above and beyond normal expectations
· Performing duties and roles beyond those normally assigned
Mercy Values/Staff Appreciation Award
The Mercy Values Award will be given annually to a staff member that embodies the core values reflecting Trocaire College’s Catholic and Mercy Heritage:
· Mercy: Respect the dignity of each person
· Hospitality: Welcomes those who seek to thrive in Trocaire’s environment (faculty, staff, and students alike) and creates a spirit of hospitality for all
· Collaboration: Uses teamwork and cooperation to benefit the internal practices and community relationships of Trocaire College
· Respect: Treats all people as individuals while recognizing and appreciating unique capabilities and contributions
· Integrity: Acts and engages in principled ways to earn the trust of those they interact with (faculty, staff, and students)
· Legacy: Commitment to the Sisters of Mercy-identified critical concerns of Earth, Immigration, Women, Racism, and Non-Violence
Who Can Be Nominated?
All Trocaire College staff (director-level and below) working half-time or more are eligible to win either award.
Who Can Submit a Nomination?
All Trocaire College employees are welcome and encouraged to submit nominations!
How to Nominate:
1. Complete the nomination form below. You may only nominate one person per award.
2. Click “Submit.”
3. The Staff Advisory Awards Committee will review nominees for eligibility and select winners.