Copying Content from Course to Course
The import function allows you to import all or specific resources and activities into your course shell from another Moodle course.
Instructions – COurse Import
- Open your course page in Moodle, click on the More navigation link under the course title.
- Select Course reuse and make sure the option menu on the left is set to Import.
- Locate the Search feature at the bottom of the course list page, enter the course information (e.g. Bio130LLL), and select the course from which you want to import content.
- Select Continue at the bottom of the page.
- Here you will have the option to choose which components you want to import (activities and resources, blocks, files, filters, calendar events, question bank, groups and groupings, competencies, custom fields). By default, all boxes will be selected automatically. You can also choose to include Personalized Learning Designer (PLD) data.
- Select next
- Here you will see all of the content within the course. Choose which content you would like to import. By default, all options will be selected automatically. You can select none and then select the individual options you want to be imported.
- Select next
- Review all selections to ensure all of the components you wish to import are selected
- Select Perform import button. Note that this may take several minutes depending on how much content you are importing.
Back-up and ResTOre -Video Tutorial
Video 1: Watch the video below to learn how to “Back-up and Restore” (4:36) course content from one Moodle course into another.
Select the play button to watch the video. Select the CC for the Closed Captioning and the diagonal arrow to maximize the video and access the video transcript by clicking on the Captions link on the left menu.
Merging COurse -Video Tutorial
Video 2: Watch the video below to learn how to “Back-up, Merge and Restore” (9:26) course content from one Moodle course into another.