Panopto-Edit or Delete Captions
All videos with audio (words spoken) should be captioned to be in compliance with ADA laws¹. Viewers who have auditory challenges rely on video captions.
Panopto allows you to import automatic captions, which means Panopto’s AI will translate your video’s audio into written words. Typically, a majority the captions are recorded accurately, but you will still need to review the captions and make edits as needed.
- Go to trocaire.hosted.panopto.com and sign in
- Locate the video you want to caption
- Hover over the video with your mouse and select Edit
- Select Captions on the left-hand navigation menu
- Select Import captions
- Choose Import automatic captions from the dropdown menu
- You will then see captions appear in the column to the left of the video. This may take several minutes if your video is long.
- Select one of the caption boxes in order to edit the text
- When finished, select Apply in the top righthand corner
- How to Edit or Delete Captions (Panopto documentation)