Common Questions


What is the difference between an official and unofficial transcript? 

  • Official transcripts are printed on parchment paper, are embossed with the College seal, and contain the Registrar’s signature. When mailed, official transcripts arrive in a sealed envelope.
  • Unofficial transcripts are printed on white paper and do not contain the College seal or the signature of the Registrar.
  • Most colleges and universities require official transcripts.

Will a student account hold prevent the release of my transcript?

  • No, all transcripts will be released upon written request.

Does Trocaire College send transcripts electronically?

  • Yes, Trocaire College sends transcripts electronically through a secured service.
  • Paper transcripts are also available.

Is there a fee to request transcripts?

  • No, Trocaire College does not charge for transcript requests.

Can I still order my transcripts if my grades or diploma are pending?

  • Yes, transcripts can be requested at any time.
  • There is an option to hold your transcript request until final grades and/or the degree is conferred.

Do I have to submit a new Transcript Request each time I request a transcript?

  • Yes, you will need to submit a form each time you request your transcript.

Transfer Credit

How can I determine if I will receive transfer credit for previously completed coursework?

IT Help Desk

How can I reset my College email or Moodle password?


When does registration begin?

  • Registration typically begins in October for the Spring semester and in March for the Summer and Fall semesters.
  • Course schedules, that are posted on the College website, will include registration dates.
  • Students will also receive notification via their Trocaire email.

What steps do I need to complete to register?

  • Students meet with their academic advisors each semester to discuss the schedule for the upcoming semester.
  • At the conclusion of your advisement session, your advisor will unlock your student account.

Will I be able to register if I have a hold on my account?

  • Most holds will prevent registration.
  • You will need to contact the department who placed the hold and to discuss steps required to remove the hold.

What can I do if a class is full?

  • Continue to try to add the course during the drop/add period.
  • If  there are no open seats in any section. complete the Closed Course Form located on the Resources and Forms portion of the Registrar webpage.

How will I be notified if I receive seat in the closed course?

  • You will receive notification via your Trocaire email.

Why is my registration status “unofficial”?

  • All registrations are considered unofficial until attendance has been confirmed following drop/add.
  • Student Accounts will then authorize attendance.

Course or Program Withdrawal

How do I withdraw from course(s) after the add/drop period has ended?

  • You should first discuss your individual situation with your instructor to determine if this is the best decision for you.
  • Next, you should meet with your academic and financial aid advisors to discuss the impact of the withdrawal.
  • If you choose to move forward, you will complete the Withdrawal Form  located on the Registrar webpage.

What if I need to withdraw after the withdrawal deadline or I stop attending classes without officially withdrawing?

  • A student who unofficially ceases to attend classes and does not formally notify the College in writing, or has an excessive number of unexcused absences will receive a grade of “FX” in the course.  A grade of “WF” [withdraw failure] will be issued to any student who withdraws after the deadline.


How and when will I get my diploma?

  • Diplomas are mailed after the degree has been conferred. Degree conferral dates are located in the College Catalog.

Will a hold on my account prevent the release of my diploma?

  • Yes, a hold may prevent the release of your diploma.
  • You will be notified via your Trocaire email prior to the last day of the semester.
  • You will need to reach out to the department who placed the hold to determine steps required to remove the hold.

What does degree “conferral” mean?

  • Conferral designates that your degree has been officially awarded.
  • This happens prior to your diploma being issued when it has been determined that you have met all departmental requirements.

Can I still walk in the May graduation ceremony if I am taking a summer class?

  • Yes, you may still participate in the graduation ceremony.
  • Our office must be notified of your intent to ensure that your diploma is ordered.
  • Please note that a maximum of 9 credit hours can be taken.

What are the Dean’s List criteria?

  • Dean’s List requirements are are located in the College Catalog which can be found on the Registrar webpage.

How are graduation honors calculated?

  • Honors designations are located in the College Catalog which can be found on the Registrar webpage.