What is the difference between an official and unofficial transcript?
- Official transcripts are printed on parchment paper, are embossed with the College seal, and contain the Registrar’s signature. When mailed, official transcripts arrive in a sealed envelope.
- Unofficial transcripts are printed on white paper and do not contain the College seal or the signature of the Registrar.
- Most colleges and universities require official transcripts.
Will a student account hold prevent the release of my transcript?
- No, all transcripts will be released upon written request.
Does Trocaire College send transcripts electronically?
- Yes, Trocaire College sends transcripts electronically through a secured service.
- Paper transcripts are also available.
Is there a fee to request transcripts?
- No, Trocaire College does not charge for transcript requests.
Can I still order my transcripts if my grades or diploma are pending?
- Yes, transcripts can be requested at any time.
- There is an option to hold your transcript request until final grades and/or the degree is conferred.
Do I have to submit a new Transcript Request each time I request a transcript?
- Yes, you will need to submit a form each time you request your transcript.
How can I determine if I will receive transfer credit for previously completed coursework?
- You can search for other college and university course credits using the Transfer Credit Guide to determine which courses may transfer into Trocaire College.
- If a course is not included in the Transfer Credit Guide, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
IT Help Desk
How can I reset my College email or Moodle password?
- Contact the Help Desk at 827-4330 or [email protected] for assistance.
When does registration begin?
- Registration typically begins in October for the Spring semester and in March for the Summer and Fall semesters.
- Course schedules, that are posted on the College website, will include registration dates.
- Students will also receive notification via their Trocaire email.
What steps do I need to complete to register?
- Students meet with their academic advisors each semester to discuss the schedule for the upcoming semester.
- At the conclusion of your advisement session, your advisor will unlock your student account.
Will I be able to register if I have a hold on my account?
- Most holds will prevent registration.
- You will need to contact the department who placed the hold and to discuss steps required to remove the hold.
What can I do if a class is full?
- Continue to try to add the course during the drop/add period.
- If there are no open seats in any section. complete the Closed Course Form located on the Resources and Forms portion of the Registrar webpage.
How will I be notified if I receive seat in the closed course?
- You will receive notification via your Trocaire email.
Why is my registration status “unofficial”?
- All registrations are considered unofficial until attendance has been confirmed following drop/add.
- Student Accounts will then authorize attendance.
Course or Program Withdrawal
How do I withdraw from course(s) after the add/drop period has ended?
- You should first discuss your individual situation with your instructor to determine if this is the best decision for you.
- Next, you should meet with your academic and financial aid advisors to discuss the impact of the withdrawal.
- If you choose to move forward, you will complete the Withdrawal Form located on the Registrar webpage.
What if I need to withdraw after the withdrawal deadline or I stop attending classes without officially withdrawing?
- A student who unofficially ceases to attend classes and does not formally notify the College in writing, or has an excessive number of unexcused absences will receive a grade of “FX” in the course. A grade of “WF” [withdraw failure] will be issued to any student who withdraws after the deadline.
How and when will I get my diploma?
- Diplomas are mailed after the degree has been conferred. Degree conferral dates are located in the College Catalog.
Will a hold on my account prevent the release of my diploma?
- Yes, a hold may prevent the release of your diploma.
- You will be notified via your Trocaire email prior to the last day of the semester.
- You will need to reach out to the department who placed the hold to determine steps required to remove the hold.
What does degree “conferral” mean?
- Conferral designates that your degree has been officially awarded.
- This happens prior to your diploma being issued when it has been determined that you have met all departmental requirements.
Can I still walk in the May graduation ceremony if I am taking a summer class?
- Yes, you may still participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Our office must be notified of your intent to ensure that your diploma is ordered.
- Please note that a maximum of 9 credit hours can be taken.
What are the Dean’s List criteria?
- Dean’s List requirements are are located in the College Catalog which can be found on the Registrar webpage.
How are graduation honors calculated?
- Honors designations are located in the College Catalog which can be found on the Registrar webpage.