Trocaire College is here to help support your academic journey. We know many students come to us with prior academic and life experiences that could be parlayed into transfer credits, and we are committed to making that process as easy and transparent as possible.
- Transfer credits from courses completed at institutions with other than regional accreditation are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Only course work completed with “C” or better grades will be considered for transfer credit.
- Transfer credits do not affect a student’s grade-point average.
- Quarter system credits, when converted, must meet the minimum semester hour requirements.
- International transcripts require a credit evaluation completed by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member, preferably World Education Services (WES).
- Students must complete at least 25% of their credits at Trocaire College to be eligible for a degree or certificate.
Transfer credit earned at another college or university
The Office of the Registrar will evaluate courses from other institutions for possible transfer credit following the receipt of official college transcript(s) and acceptance into Trocaire College.
Trocaire College is a member of Acadeum, a group of accredited private colleges and universities that share select online courses to support students in their educational goals. Acadeum is a solution for students to take courses that are not offered or have been canceled by Trocaire College or for which a student is out of step with their program’s schedule of offerings.
Trocaire College encourages veterans and members of the active armed services with military credits to apply for admission. Military credit will be applied following the American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations for academic college credits when official transcripts from the Joint Services and Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) are provided.
Prior Learning Assessments
Trocaire College awards credit for passing grades earned on many different examinations, including CLEP, DSST (formerly DANTES), UExcel and Saylor Academy. Various certifications and licensures can also be considered for credit.
High School Exams and Courses
Transfer Guide Tool
Trocaire has partnered with the CollegeSource Transfer Evaluation System (TES) to provide a tool that will map successfully earned college credits into Trocaire College credits. Additional colleges and courses are added continuously and are subject to revision.
This tool is provided for planning purposes only; it does not replace an official transfer credit evaluation.
What if the institution or courses I am looking for are not listed?
You may still be eligible for transfer credit! If you do not find your school name or specific course, those course evaluations may not have been completed yet. Once you apply and submit official transcripts, Trocaire will send you an admission decision along with a detailed credit evaluation.
Additional questions about transfer credit evaluation? Please contact [email protected].