Below you will find the basic technology requirements for all students at Trocaire College. If you have questions please feel free to contact us.
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE
All Trocaire students must have:
- Access to a computer (personal or campus)
- Windows 7/ Mac OS X or higher
- Up-to-date anti-virus software
- Microsoft Office 2013, 365, or higher
- Internet Access and an up-to-date browser
BROWSERS & INTERNET
- Up-to-date Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome for your coursework
- Adobe Reader plug-in
- Quicktime plug-in
- Adobe Flash player plug-in
Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, & Safari are not approved for student use.
Compatibility issues may arise when using these browsers, resulting in an inability to complete course activities. Be advised that accessing online course activities and content through an unapproved browser or mobile device may result in academic repercussions. Using an unapproved browser or mobile device constitutes an acknowledgement of risk and acceptance of the established consequences.
All new and transfer students receive a letter at their home address from the Office of Information Technology within 7-10 business days of registering for their first semester courses. Students should log in to each of the college’s three main technology systems and reset their passwords as soon as they are able.
- Webmail: Change password immediately, and keep in a secure location. All other college log-ins may be reset through Webmail. However, losing your Webmail password requires you to come into IT during normal business hours with a photo ID before your password can be reset.
- eStudent: Change password immediately.
- Moodle: Change password once courses become available to registered students (7 days prior to the start of term).
MICROSOFT STORE FOR EDUCATION
Get special discounts and pricing for Microsoft hardware and software using your Trocaire email address.
APPLE AND EDUCATION
Receive a discount on Apple hardware by showing your Trocaire student ID at any Apple store, or online using your Trocaire email address.